Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where does the time go?

Today was a great balance of work and play. School starts on Monday and my middle stepson is starting to middle school. To say he is excited is an understatement. We took him back-to-school shopping this morning, getting all the supplies that were listed and a couple of new clothes.

I remember when I started school how excited I was to line out my new clothes, re-check my new school supplies in my backpack and wonder about all the new things I was going to learn. I was that dorky girl in school who was teacher's pet and looked forward to the homework that they assigned.

To that end, not much has changed. I'm a few credits shy of getting my B.A. and while I don't enjoy the time constraints, I've still enjoyed learning and doing different projects. I had to take last semester off when my brother and I started our company and since I've been working 12 hour days it looks like next semester isn't going to happen. We're looking to add a Project Manager to help us out so we can remember what it's like to have a life outside of our company.

However, I've really missed school and I worry about not challenging myself. I don't want to get burned out on work so I've been thinking lately about how to add in more balance. Today I took the plunge and signed up for the craft class on the Red Velvet Art site. I've loved Elsie's blog for about 3 months since I've discovered it. When I saw the post for the Autumn class I thought it would be a good way to kind of be in a classroom environment, definitely something I enjoy, and keep myself challenged. I'm super excited to start and see what kind of crazy Christmas gifts I can make. I'm sure pictures will follow...

Time to go lay on the hammock and read a few pages. I'm behind 18 magazines and at least 9 books. The husband is out with friends and the only kiddo we have this weekend is at a sleepover. I'm giddy with the free time.

Make today a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment